Gimbal, Venuetize Team Up to Amplify Experiences Through Advanced Location-Based Engagement
New partnership delivers frictionless fan experiences
# # #
For Immediate Release
PR Contact: Liz Weinsten, Gimbal | (800) 882-5216 ext. 523 | marketing [at] gimbal [dot] com
GRANVILLE, OH – February 11, 2021 — Gimbal, the leading location intelligence platform, and Venuetize, leaders in mobile-first technology and advanced e-commerce capabilities, have teamed up to bring real-time location capabilities to the sports, entertainment, and hospitality industries. This partnership will augment the fan and guest experience via rich location-based services inside and outside venues.
Consumers have come to expect every interaction they have with a brand to cater to their preferences. By opting into location services via a native mobile app, fans and guests will receive more personalized 1:1 communications and other incentives based on their on and off-premise activities. This in turn creates greater revenue drivers through sponsorship and ticket sales and better operational efficiencies for teams and venues. A winning combination for all.
“The pandemic has raised the stakes on consumer expectations and the synergies that exist between Gimbal’s location capabilities and the Venuetize platform will play a pivotal role as fans make their way back to stadiums and venues,” said Don Norton, President of Gimbal. “We’re excited for the partnership and the future of what’s possible.”
On a macro (geofencing) and micro (beacons) level, the partnership will deliver the following benefits to teams and fans alike:
- Mobile Ordering – Advanced location capabilities for in-app Mobile Ordering for delivery to seat location or express pick up at concessions or merchandise location.
- Personalized Marketing – Greetings upon arrival, collection and segmentation of audiences and promotion of personalized rewards and partner messaging as fans walk by in-stadium ads on walls or other signage.
- Upsell Opportunities – Drive behaviors through incentives to arrive earlier, stay longer, and return by identifying best opportunities to engage guests.
“Venuetize consistently looks for ways to constantly improve its platform,” said Jon Romm, CEO and Founder of Venuetize. “Working hand in hand with our integrated technologies like this with Gimbal to provide better location detection of the patrons for our clients is paramount in providing a safer and better experience for the fans and patrons in the venue.”
Gimbal recently launched their On-the-Way SDK with enhanced location functionalities connecting mobile orders with pickup options that play well with Venuetize’s order and payment features to deliver a more seamless experience.
Read the official announcement here.
# # #
- Gimbal, Venuetize Team Up to Amplify Experiences Through Advanced Location-Based Engagement - February 11, 2021
- Gimbal and One iota form strategic partnership to bridge the physical and digital worlds for richer mobile engagements - January 27, 2021
- With Deloitte Honors, Gimbal Targets Next-Gen Commerce as Future Wave of Growth - November 18, 2020