YinzCam and Gimbal partnered to create a new and improved version of the Cleveland Cavaliers app for the 2014 – 2015 basketball season.
Beacons were permanently installed throughout The Q, as well as strategic deployment of mobile beacons at offsite locations.
Location and proximity-based push messaging capability delivers unique and relevant content directly to fans, including messages from the owner, the night’s line up, and fun facts like celebrities in attendance or the proximity of the team’s mascot.
Gimbal Manager makes it easy to update beacons even when out of reach, refresh messaging content and provide management with the analytical insights to understand the success of the solution and previous campaigns, to further deepen user engagement.
- More than 82,000 total beacon visits and more than 138,000 total visits to pinned locations.
- Sales and fan engagements increased at the arena and at off-site events for the Cavaliers and their partners.
- The Cavaliers now gauge attribution and track data down to the conversion, when an offer is opened and how quickly it is used.
- Retailers outside the arena have the opportunity to connect the inferred sports interest of fans with retail offerings, thanks to Gimbal-enabled location and proximity-based functionality.
- With Gimbal, the Cavaliers have the opportunity to deliver more personalized, relevant engagements and explore deeper customization for each fan.